Last Updated: 2015
1. Online Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes the online information collection and use practices of the website roedentallab.com and such services, products and equipment as available through Roe Dental Laboratory, Inc. (collectively “ROE”) and any corporate divisions and business affiliates, as well as what information about you we collect through any ROE Application on third party sites, social network or social media sites operated by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, etc. (the “Applications”). This Privacy Statement does not in any way describe ROE’s offline information collection and use practices, or the practices ROE employs when collecting information online through means other than the above-listed website or Applications. An example of such additional information collection practices include, but are not limited to, you as a customer sending ROE an email message. “We” or “us” or “our” or “ROE” or “ROE Dental” refers to roedentallab.com, ROE Dental Laboratory, Inc. and its owners and/or affiliates. ROE is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of our customers.
2. HIPAA Compliance and Security
HIPAA rules are set forth by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and are documented in the Privacy Rule with specific rules regarding the sharing of information between health care providers. Dental laboratories and Dentists are both considered “Health Care Providers” and as such are permitted to share patient information and treatment activities.
Furthermore, according to the ADA, the Privacy Rule states that there is no requirement for a Business Associate Agreement between the dental laboratory and the dental practice. “Protected Health Information”, such as SS #’s, telephone numbers, birth dates, medical records, or information that relates the patient to their name on the work authorization or their relatives is not shared from the dental office to the laboratory. The information shared is only used to identify the materials sent to the laboratory.
The dental office does have the option of using codes rather than names if so desired.
ROE Dental Laboratory maintains a high level of data security on-site and in transit of cases and data between our laboratory and our valued customers.
ROE agrees to amend this Agreement from time to time as is necessary to comply with the requirements of the Privacy Rule and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Public Law 104-191, HIPPA and HITECH.
3. Children’s Online Privacy “COPPA” Information
The following explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of 13, and provides important information on your rights under federal law with respect to such information:
- We do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of 13 from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 13, we will immediately delete such information from our records. If we change our collection practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If at any time we establish or begin providing services on any website that in anyway meets the criteria of COPPA we will ensure that full compliance is met in every aspect of COPPA.
- Due to the fact we do NOT collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to any third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to become customers, or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information.
- Due to the fact we do NOT collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13, we do NOT condition the participation in any online activities of a child under the age of 13 on providing personally identifiable information. However, even as outlined above we do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to access and use ROE in general.
4. Acknowledgment and acceptance of terms
ROE its divisions and affiliates are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement is current as of the updated date listed above and sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website(s) or other designated services or offices. By accessing ROE sites or services or any affiliates or divisions or using the Applications, you as the end-user viewing this information and/or website acknowledge and fully understand ROE’s Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Privacy Statement.
If ROE makes any substantive changes to this Privacy Statement we will announce it on our website and revise the current date listed. If you have provided us with contact information we will send you a notice to the email address we have on file for you. ROE will not be responsible for inaccurate or out dated email addresses when supplying Privacy Statement updates. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy contact us at the address provided below. Once the changes have been made, your continued use and/or access of the website will constitute your acceptance and consent to the information collection and use practices described in the revised Privacy Statement.
5. Participating Advertiser and Merchant Policies
Roedentallab.com may contain links to websites owned and operated by unaffiliated third parties. These links are provided as a service to you as a customer of and do not constitute ROE’s endorsement or support of the third party websites or the information or content contained within the third party web sites. Related services and offerings with links from this website have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Unaffiliated third parties who provide information and links through ROE are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for and do not endorse the privacy practices or content of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of any advertisers, merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties. Please contact each third party provider directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies or the information they require for you to complete any transaction.
6. General Information We Collect and How We Use It
ROE collects certain information from and about its customers, subject to the provisions as outlined in Section 2 above, in the following ways which include but are not limited to: directly from our web server logs and from cookies. Roedentallab.com also collects information volunteered by you in certain areas, including sign up pages, checkout pages, site registrations, and surveys. Certain information we request for you to participate in certain features within the website(s) may include but not be limited to personally identifiable information such as name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, as well as “demographic” information such as personal preferences. We will at all times inform you at the time we collect information on whether the information requested is necessary for you to participate in a particular feature on the website(s).
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary including but not limited to the following:
- To fulfill your service requests
- To respond to legal process including a court order or comply with federal, state or local law
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of ROE or its affiliates and business divisions
When you visit our Website(s), we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your computer’s Internet protocol address or IP address.
- The kind of web browser or computer you use.
- Number and type of links you click within the site.
- Locality including the state or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit(s).
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
- Products reviewed, researched and/or purchased
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by changing certain settings of your web browser. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our website.
7. Use of Web Beacons or GIF Files
ROE web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes also called single-pixel gifs or gif files – that allow ROE to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. ROE reserves the right to include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Some of these web beacons may be placed by third party service providers or Applications to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications. These web beacons may be used by these third party service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or emails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our third party service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site. ROE and its affiliates prohibit web beacons from being used to collect or access any customer personal information.
8. Changes to Privacy Statement
ROE has the discretion to update this privacy statement at any time. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this Privacy page. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the information we collect. If you have provided us with contact information we will send you a notice to the email address we have on file for you. ROE will not be responsible for inaccurate or out dated email addresses when supplying Privacy Statement updates. Once the changes have been made, your continued use and/or access of the website will constitute your acceptance and consent to the information collection and use practices described in the revised Privacy Statement.
9. Contacting Us
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or the general practices of ROE and its affiliates and related Applications, please contact us or send your comments to:
ROE Dental Laboratory, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Statement Personal
405 Rothrock Road, Suite 103
Akron, Ohio 44321
ROE Dental Laboratory, Inc. will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question.