The Osteotomy Guide
- The Osteotomy Guide is the third step of the CHROME surgical process.
- All CHROME cases come with an Osteotomy Guide. It controls the kit’s spoons or drills during osteotomy creation.
- Our guides control the implant depth, trajectory, and indexing (rotation).
- It seats into the Fixation Base and is fixed using the proprietary CHROME Locs.
- CHROME GuidedSMILE works with any implant systems that offers has a fully- or semi-guided kit. Fully guided kits allow the user to place the implant through the guide. A complete list of guided kits is available on the upload area of our web site. When you upload you case, chose the system.
- When you have questions around these systems or any others please call us at 800.228.6663
There are two types of Osteotomy Guides:
- Manufacturer specific implant systems – One will have inserts that correspond with the original equipment manufacturer sleeves.
- Non-specific implant systems – The second one is an all-purpose guide created by ROE.